Saturday, July 09, 2005

Where Are Dee-Dee And Manda Panda...?????

So... everyone is wondering.... THEY ARE FINE!!! Remember when we told you that if we had an emergency we would let you know? Well, that philosophy still stands... sure we have had some scrapes and cuts and then there is Diandre's back (there is a massage therapist in the country until tomorrow), oh ya and UGH approximately 4,000 thorns, but all is well.

Amanda is in her element and has reconnected with people in Rehoboth. She is loving hanging with the girls and is making a spectacular team leader.

I have never seen Dee-Dee smile as big as when she picked up the chain saw. Sure, she would love a long to-do list and is not a huge fan of the "Plan, there is no plan" mentallity, but she is holding up well. Dee-Dee has fixed a brick walk way. Her and Carolyn also played electrician and strung a light over the outside sinks. Five minutes ago I received a text message from Richard... the tree is down!!! THANK THE LORD!!! Do you see Dee-Dee by the tree????


Uploading pictures takes a lot longer than at home and video takes hours, but we are trying for ya'll.

31 Comments:

At Sat Jul 09, 12:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Germaine for all you and the entire CCA group have done to keep us up-to-date on what's happening down there.

Prayers and love to all...

 
At Sat Jul 09, 12:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like it's christmas and I caught Santa! Way cool that your posting as I'm viewing.

Don says - the video links on the left as misssing the "s" in ministries which is why they are not working for us. We all view the videos from within the postings at he Click here comment.

Love ya

 
At Sat Jul 09, 01:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Germaine -
Looks like the team is having a great time! Thanks for sharing the words and pics with all of us back in NH.
Say hello to Jaclyn for us! Love, Uncle Robert, Aunt Sue, Bobby, Katie and Ryan XXX 000

 
At Sat Jul 09, 02:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carli, Roman is thrilled every morning when I wake him up to hook up the internet, but I can't wait for him, I have to see whats new there. Sandy, your letter was beautiful, as I was reading (not easy when your crying) the phone rang, Uncle Paul called, I went to his shop yesterday and showed him and Sara the web site and the video, everybody is so impressed by what you all are doing. I know you will have so much to share with us when you get home(8 more days!!) Also, Gia called last night from the Cape for the web address, she said she was going to write but I can't find her on here. Thanks again Sandy for your letter(Darin,Mike & Germaine too!) It helps so much to read and try to understand what your experiencing. The pictures say alot too! But the videos, I know they take a long time for you to do but believe me they are watched over and over and over. Love yu all, Nancy Carli, write more, Love and miss you, Mom and Dad XOXOXOXOXOXO

 
At Sat Jul 09, 02:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Germaine,
Did you get my comment about having sent the daily converted US$ as they appear on the acct to Darin's email? It appears you are using your church email, but what about Darin? Email me please about where to send and I'll send again. Enjoying all the entries, it almost feels like I'm back, keep them coming.
Love,
Sharon

 
At Sat Jul 09, 03:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey diandre and adria - its kim - i was just reading all the entries. seems like a really cool experience you guys are having. hope your back is feeling better diandre. all my love.

kim

 
At Sat Jul 09, 03:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Diandre and Adria -

Gosh, I thought they would never leave the house.

You'll be happy to know that the 'rents finally left and DIDN'T bring the computers with them, just to catch the postings on the blog...as they happen.

Dad... well you know dad... he's just a fanatic. I've watched as he just kept bouncing between his laptop and his desktop... hitting refresh every 1.2 seconds. And mom... well... she's on vacation this week and I thought that meant I would get a couple extra walks in... or rides in the car (you know how I live for those...tongue flapping in the breeze, etc...).

Wrong!

Well, I did get buffed this week so that was cool but for some reason I've got some nasty bedhead going today....but that's another story.

So, from all the talk around here you girls and everyone are having quite the adventure. Everyone misses you. Haven't had an opportunity to read the posts myself because Mr. and Mrs. Hog the Computer are always on their systems. Dad finally put your computer back on and Melissa (she came over to visit me and to have pizza....) helped with the AIM so I put away messages up for you, and that's the system I've been using to catch up on things (what's with the sticking keyboard? Did one of you spill something on it?)

You'll be excited to know that I got a call from bissacrazypupchiwa, yeah the one who is bird sitting for Sandi. We had a long chat about you girls. I must say, some of the stories about Steph...had me rolling and I really needed to have someone take me out before I had an accident.

And, then Bissa told me about how Steph's dad came home yesterday and thought a pipe had burst in the house somewhere....water all over the place. Come to find out it was only Steph's mom ... still watching the video of Steph over and over and over again.... mom and dad sent more tissues.

I watched it after and can you tell her I think she dances nice...

Anyway... time for my nap downstairs on the loveseat downstairs. Can't wait for you to get home....

Licks to everyone on the team...

frankie

 
At Sat Jul 09, 04:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bonnie anne!!!

It looks like you are having an amazing time over there! Im very jealous and wish i was there with you! Things have been boring here without you over here like every day. And Melissa has mono so i've had to survive without you two! I hope that you are having a lot of fun. I miss you lots, can't wait till you get home!

love,
Patrice

 
At Sat Jul 09, 04:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great updates. Samantha I was glad to see your face in the photo and it had a smile on it. It is great to have pictures to look at because I was afraid you took off with your new husband!!!!!! Hope your able to take pictures yourself. Hopefully you guys can set up a weekend for the reunion cookout at our house. Either the last weekend in July or the first one in August, because you are off to school the next week. The weather here stinks, so you again miss a crappy July. Miss you a lot, enjoy you last week. You are all amazing adjusting to all of the changing situations.
LOVE TO YOU AND HUGS FOR EVERYONE,
Thank you Christ Church Members for sharing this with Samantha.
LOVE
MOM

 
At Sat Jul 09, 04:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To: Diandre and Adria;
From Grandpa Berthiaume

WOW what at terrific group!

Josephine and I watched the video's and were so proud..opps, I can't forget the new addition to the family...Joey...a white cockatele that found me outside while I was helping a lady move to her new apartment. I took it home...he/she? not really certain but I named the bird Joey to match with Josephine.
(Josie)

Joey loved the songs on the video because he sang all the time it played. By the way he whistles the charge tune they play at the baseball games then gives a wolf whisltle right after.

My prayers have been with you as well as all of your team and leaders of the CCA.

Much love Grandpa Berthiaume, Josie and Joey..

 
At Sat Jul 09, 05:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everyone!

Sharon is going to post this on the blog for me because my mom's computer is unable to post comments, or view video. I have been able to read posts, read comments, and see pictures, but that's it. I feel so disconnected out here! It finally hit me yesterday that I could email comments to Sharon and have her post them for me! So I hit "new message" on mom's computer, and 45 minutes later, it finally opened up a new message for me. It takes that long to pull up anything on this computer, and I check the blog at least 3 times a day, so I am spending tons of time sitting in front of this computer to get some news! Yes, Darin, I looked around for an internet café, and there isn't one. Pretty much all that is around Newark, OH is Indian mounds! Oh yeah, we went and saw those yesterday.

Beck and Em are doing very well. Grandpa took them out for Chinese buffet yesterday, and they loved it! I am now better. Had the wonderful throwing up flu when I flew out (thank God that didn't happen on the plane!). Then in Philly, we sat on the tarmac because of weather for two hours. No air in a hot metal plane. I've never prayed so hard as I did in those 2 hours that I wouldn't get sick! I will be home on Tuesday, and you can expect lots of postings from me! And I'll be watching the videos over and over!

Katie...I am so proud of you! I can't wait to see the videos you have taken! I bet they are wonderful! I am so sorry that I had to cut you off the time that you guys called. I wanted to get a phone number to dad before our time ran out, and I didn't get to hear everything I wanted to hear from you. Maybe your dad will call again so we can talk?!?!?!?! HINT

Amanda, I am so proud of you too. I can't believe you spoke in front of so many people! I could never do that! You are growing up so fast, I can't believe it.

Sandi, I am with you, girl! When I read about you praying, it was almost like I was in that position with you, and I could just feel the horror! I'm so glad that you did well! I'm proud of you!

Germaine, the blog is great!! You have saved me from innumerous phone calls! Could I ask for more pics of my family? I've seen the back of Amanda's head, and Katie wrapped up in a blanket, and that's it. Remember, I can't see the video right now. Could I see some pics of my family with the children they are ministering to? Darin too, even though I know he doesn't like to have his picture taken. I really miss him for some reason!!

Dave S., so who's your Hot Hoochie Mama? Your mom?

To all the dancers and CCA folks - I am so glad that you were able to take this trip together. It is going to be a life changing experience for all of you. I'm proud of you all! Take in everything that you can, and write it all down so you don't forget anything.

And to Darin.....Hey Big D! Thanks for your COUPLE of notes to me. It really meant a lot to hear something. But, "in the doghouse" is not a strong enough phrase for you!!! I didn't even know you were sick until you posted that it was only a cold. Is your asthma OK?? I worry about you! I WANT A PHONE CALL! And not a call that is just, "Hi, we're OK, gotta go". I want a meaningful phone call. One where we can TALK. Can you fit me in your schedule? I miss you like crazy, you know! I love YOU MOST!!

Let me know if your flight itinerary is different for the way home.

Lots of love to everyone (my family especially)! Shari XOXOXO

 
At Sat Jul 09, 07:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Germaine...thanks for this awesome blogsite!!! I can't wait to get up in the morning and read what happened that day!!! you guys are doing an awesome job keeping us posted!!! I love the pictures!!! everyone looks so happy!! has my flood reached Africa yet??? everytime I read something the river flows!!! Steffy....you know me...I can't help it...mrs. happysensitive as Bob says!!! Sandi...your posting this morning was so touching...you will forever be in our hearts because of the kindness you always show to everyone you meet!! you already know I think you're one AMAZING woman...thanks for being a "surrogate" mom to all our girls..I'm sure they need hugs once in a while and your giving them!!! take care and remember we love you!!


Steffy....we miss you so much...it's too quiet around here without your singing and dancing!!! Bissa lays on the couch all day and when I say "where's Steffy" her head does her little thing to the side!!!I bought her some Frosty Paws icecream for a treat..she loves it!!! she loves the birds!! she does that little squeeling noise because she wants to play..don't worry Sandi...I won't let them out!!! anyways....I can't stop watching your video..we saved it for you to watch when you get home!! your 1/2 way through your trip...enjoy every moment and cherish the time spent with the children of Africa...can you bring one home??? you always wanted a little brother or sister!!! remember to cherish the time with your friends and everyone else on the trip...it's something you will never forget...write everything down..you'll not want to forget anything!! keep that beautiful smile on your face...it means the world to those little ones and the people around you!! We're so proud of you and the team!!! till next time....love ya!! mom and dad...oh ...and Jaime...she's so mad she didn't go with you!!! oh....HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARA!!!

 
At Sat Jul 09, 07:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ladies!

seems like you all are doing great...its so nice to see all the pictures and videos of you guys, youre really making a difference in all those kids lives as well as your own. keep up the great work and have fun because this will truely be one of the best experiences of your lives!!! and just know that each and every one of you are my heros, i love you all!! <33

 
At Sat Jul 09, 10:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Mandymom....

Just want to be sure you know there is a beautiful picture of your daughter in the team photo gallery, Team Fotein album. My husband and I have meet Amanda a couple times at team functions and you can be very proud. She is a wonderful mature girl with a head on her shoulders. We were at the church service when she spoke just a month or so back. I was amazed to find out she was only a high school senior at the time. Of course she's a graduate now!

Anyhow, I've seen her with the dance girls and expect she is able to comfort them if needed in a different way than the older team memebers. She can relate and she's been there before.

I know she gave Diandre a bit of good advise - take at least two sweatshirts and a fleece for warmth. Sure that came in handy as Diandre was one of the under the stars sleepers.

Just wanted to be sure you found your daughter's picture. Knew you'd be checking the blog often as us other parents. I only realized this morning that more pics were up...but Paul Waitt said they had been up a couple days. You might be ahead of me and know already about that update!

Miss you Diandre and Adria..love you both. Seems like saying your halfway thru would be sad for you as the end is drawing near. Cherish what time you have left and make every moment count.

To the rest of the gang...prayers and best wishes for each and every moment your away.

 
At Sat Jul 09, 10:46:00 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Frankie----I cannot stop laughing about your entry----I almost had an accident myself!! Thank you so much for writing in and brightening up our day! I'd like to get to know you better. Sorry you're having a bad hair day---think of the girls in Africa who probably haven't had many showers!!

 
At Sat Jul 09, 11:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diandre,
I sure do miss you a lot. Nothing is the same without you. We have many many things to catch up on when you get home. I hope you are having an AWESOME time and i can not wait to hear all about it when you get home. Miss you tons. Be safe : ) I LOVE YOU

<3 Amie

 
At Sun Jul 10, 01:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Adria, Dinadre and Team!

Seems like you guys are having a good time so far...Dinadre, hope your back gets better!

I saw Stephs dance. It was amazing! Im so amazed that everyone on the Team can dance so beautifuly.

Well, we just wanted to say hi and see how you guys are doing.

Hope you guys stay save and healthy! Prayers are with you always!

Eric =)

 
At Sun Jul 10, 04:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CARL!! ive been reading this webpage and it seems like you are having a very good time. I am batelling everyday with out my roomie, its hard to live summer with out you. Nance is taking me in as her new daughter, ive taken your place. Caa tells me everyday how proud she is of you and how good of a rolemodle you are to me..pff little does she know, haha just kidding you are a good role modle, your my childhood bestfriend that I wouldnt trade for the world. I dont know if your homesick or if you need some cheering up but if so i might jsu thave to remind you of hilary duff concerts in your room, the ogre, and jsu tbeing hYsterical. Im counting down the days until you return and i hope your doing what you intended on doing when you got there. Ill write soon agian, say your prayers, Peace. LOVE gia

 
At Sun Jul 10, 12:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kara......

Your getting the reverse of what I got. Being far away from family and friends on your B-day could be sad but not when your with your sister having such an experience! Darin kept saying - "sleep when you get home"...adapt that to "Celebrate when you get home"...or maybe that is "celebrate again!"

Anyhow - enjoy your special birthday. Don't think you've had one like it before and unlikely to have another in the near future. African sunrise, stay at a spa and children wanting your attention, warmth and compassion, taking all the comfort and love you can spare.

Happy Birthday from the Berthiaumes!

 
At Sun Jul 10, 02:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen Brown

We have tried to send several messages not sure you are getting them. Glad to see all is going so well. We love the updates and pictures. We enjoyed the 4th fireworks. Alex went to family time in Dublin. The sisters-in-law got to gether in Maine to support Jan. Seth is in Seattle and enjoying his time with Luke. Alex is going to vist Jamie for awhile. Seth Alex you, and I will all meet up on Sunday to relax and spend some time together.
Lots of love and prayers, Mom

 
At Sun Jul 10, 02:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jaimie Lynn,

How are you doin? I hope you are eating well and getting enough sleep. I also have caught the Blog fever and can't stop checking on you guys over there. I really miss you and keep trying to reassure your mom that you'll be home before we know it. Keep up all the good work you are doing over there. Thanks to all for all the great info they are sharing with us back at home. Can't wait to see you, hope you are taking lots of pictures. Stay safe, my prayers and love are with you.

:) Love, Auntie Pam

 
At Sun Jul 10, 02:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diandre, Adria and Darin -

Wanted to let you know that Fr. Steve just about sprinted to us as we were walking into church say..oh it's the Berthiaumes...wait...

He ask about how you were doing and said he apologizes for not seeing you or Darin before you left. Things have been very busy at the church. Be assured, however, that he has your prayer card in the chapel and he, and Deacon Steve, do pray for you daily.

Ann Cormier also asked about you today and also sends her prayers.

...as we all do daily

love
dad

 
At Sun Jul 10, 02:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adria...

your old flame Charlie was asking about you too!! Dad and I chatted with Mr Tabat for a while after church but Dad forgot to mention it in his posting. Both send you prayers.
Love Mom

 
At Sun Jul 10, 05:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARA!!!!!!!!!!This will be a birthday you won't soon forget! Maxi said to say Happy Birthday to you also. She has taken over being queen of the house...Oh wait a minute she already was. She's just really taking advantage of us now! Nana & Papa also said to say Happy Birthday. Nana has been keeping tabs on you guys, checking out the web site and pictures. I was showing off my computer wizardry to Elizabeth next door she couldn't believe the video and pictures...the children there...she thinks what you guys are doing is amazing! she told me to wish you a Happy Birthday...WOW 24 your catching up to me!!! Hi Michelle, Did you make Kara a cake?Sing her Happy Birthday? Would you do me a favor and give her a BBiiiigggg hug for me and a big sloppy kiss (thats from Max). How are you holding up? Good thing you will be able to catch up on sleep when you get home! I miss you guys so much! Love you both, Love Mom

 
At Sun Jul 10, 05:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kara & Michelle,

Happy birthday Kara! 24 and counting hugh. Are you guys having fun overthere? Is it cool or is it wierd? Well have a good birthday I'm sure it's the only one you will spend in Africa.

Michelle how are you doing? Are you still having a ball. Is the dance stuff tiring and a lot of work? Max is wondering where evryone went. Have you taken allot of pictures? Like mom said did you make a cake for Kara?

Well hugs and kisses you guys have a ball. talk to you soon.
Love Dad

 
At Sun Jul 10, 06:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony....

Sent you detailed email on info we have to date. We have not been notified of any flight changes but will be sure to get that info out if it comes.

 
At Sun Jul 10, 07:20:00 PM, Blogger Don said...

Hey there Diandre, Adria and all the MHDC dancers (you're all soooooo cool...)

While the 'rents were out last night I set up the computer camera. Figured I saw pictures of you so I posted one of me (click here!) Not sure if Germaine, Mike or Darin will be able to print it out for you. If not, you can catch it when you get home.

...and to think mom and dad think I just sleep when they're gone :-)

Anyway, they just went to the store so I should get outta here before they come back.

Miss you both. Can't wait for you to come home and take me out.

 
At Sun Jul 10, 07:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there gang...

A few of us got together for brunch today and thought we would send YOU a picture. Frankie said he would show us how to post it under two conditions:

1) We didn't punish him...
2) We let him stay up and online till midnight...

We caved so here's the pic...

Breakfast Club

love, hugs, prayers to all

PS Carli, Nance doesn't want you to be mad at her outfit...

 
At Sun Jul 10, 09:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Tatiana (moondancer),

I'm sorry to hear about your back. This is very upsetting news to us back here in Nashua. I just wanted to leave you a message saying hi, becuase i promised i would leave at least one for you at one point so i guess this is it. if your luckey you may get a second. well anyways i hope your taking pictures of the lions, hyinnas, merecats, warthogs, elephants, and giraffes i cant wait to see them. O yea by the way i had the weirdest dream last night that you came up home early....yea i know...random well anyways i hope you are having a great time and i cant wait to see you when you get back in 7days 19hours 43 minutes and 20 seconds.

-Manny(Sunshine)

 
At Sun Jul 10, 11:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Frankie....can't wait to get together with you...maybe we can sneek out together one night when the rents are out to dinner....oh my god...can you believe those girls left us like that????wait till I go on a vacation...will you come with me??? I can't stand momma D crying all the time....I'm drowning here!!! I need a life jacket!!! Frankie....save me...we will get together soon because I know there's a reunion planned...but before that i think everyone who is in Africa should come to the beach .... D and G want to barbeque for everyone...so lets plan a day...maybe the second week because I know my bff Ton will want to sleep a few days...and Bonnie...and Mitchy...and Carli...and Adria...and..well you know ...everyone I like to kiss in the morning!!! let's get together...yea..yea..yea...!!! 11th street///north hampton...oh yea...and my other bfff..Jacko will lead the motorcade!! don't forget Christine...I will sit on your lap for 2 weeks!!! love ya step///oops...Ton!!! Bissacrazypupchiwa...muah!!!!

 
At Wed Jul 13, 12:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Amanda i miss you to much come home soon. why do you have to go to collage i'm going to missyou way to much i love you lots. thankfully i will get to see you soon. i'm praying for you every day.i miss you more than anything right now.come home soon. i love you
God blessyou and everyone else there.

your sister who missesyou more than any thing right now molly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home