The Promise Of A New Day
The biggest obstacle I faced with my list from Darin was finding a sex talk person and making sure that the dancers had an agenda. As much as I could, I would try to bring this up with our hosts and see if something could be scheduled for the teams time in Okahandja. This was not the easiest of tasks…. The team arrived and I was not able to give a definite plan for our dance team. I knew the days I needed to fill and had conveyed this many times without getting a definite, “yes, these are the places and times.” So I was praying and praying that this was taken care of and Darin would not be leaving me behind for screwing up (don’t get me wrong… I would LOVE to stay, but not on the terms that I failed). Sunday was a day of recuperation and Monday was a day of introduction. I knew we had something planned in the evening on Tuesday as well as another event planned Wednesday evening, but the girls were supposed to go into schools in order to teach the children there… So Tuesday comes along and I am not sure of the plan because as usual… “Plan, there is no plan” is the African way. We woke up in the morning to discover that the girls were to dance in the new Vyf Rand school at 10:00am, which means Mike & I have to hurry to the internet café and upload some things to the blog site and be back within an hour and a half (not always the easiest task with an ISDN line) so that we could take the girls to the school. We made it out of the café in record time. The girls danced their hearts out and I started crying within the first 5 minutes… they were doing what they came to do. They were also the first team to ever perform at the Vyf Rand school. The performance was spectacular… the girls were crying, I was crying… it was beautiful. God is good. They have had things planned every day since. It’s a day by day basis, but the days are filled.
lkjgdsodgk


15 Comments:
Hey Everyone
Nice dance!!! How weird is that dance ...kinda like it was done last year for a purpose!!! Remember how weird it was when it was finished and it had not one piece of floor work!!!
Hope all is well!!! Dee Dee where have you been???????
C ya
DEana
Hi Carli, Can't tell you how proud we are of you. Experience and learn all you can. We miss you and are thiking about you. I will call your brother Joey and keep him calm. Love you. XXXX
Samantha we just saw the video it looks like fun.You know who helped me to get to the site (we won't say Who) but it was someone you know.Hey have funand they sayHI.love the Janiaks
Hi Steffy!!! sorry I missed your call last night!! Jackie, Mrs. Sweeney, Jaime and I were in Boston cheering on Britt!! she did awesome!! I gave her your card and cd!! she was so happy!! anyways, Dad said you sounded good and I'm not erasing my voicemail because I like to hear your voice!!hope everything is well...remember we love you and be proud of what you're doing!! it's making a difference in those children's lives!! Take care and we'll see you soon....nice new picture dancing today!!! don't forget your malaria pill on Friday!!LOL!!! love ya, mom
Hi Jaimie,
I've been showing everyone the picture of you and the dance group.Everyone thinks it's such a wonderful thing all of you are doing.Everyone is saying prayers for the group.The pictures I have seen of you are great.I'll write again soon.Miss You!
Love ya, Babci
Hi Jaimie,
Just a quick note to tell you that I wrote to you last night but it was on the wrong date. Auntie Michelle and I are thinking of you all the time and hope you are having a great time. We will miss you in Manomet this year at the cookout but that can wait until next time.I don't know if Michael told you but the Red Sox won again and are in first by 4 games.Have a nice day.
Love, Uncle Joe
hi jaimie i just wanted to tell you i liked the picture of you and your group.my mom is going to write to you soon but she gets in from work at 5.00 so she never has enough time to talk to you.i didint get to talk to you either because i've been busy doing alot of things.i'm really going to miss you at our cook out this year.tomorrow i wont be able to talk to you because i am going to go to canopylake with Jodi/Ryan/Austin and April and also auntie jennifer well hope your having fun
love you kathryn
Hi Everyone!!
I hope everyone is having a great time. It looks amazing there, from what I've seen in the pics and video. Be safe.Can't wait to see you all when you get back. God Bless!
Love,
Erin B.
Hi Carli, I hope we here from you guys when you are in Rehoboth. We are all checking are computers constantly to see new postings. I hope you are all eating well and feeling well. Carli the house is way too quite w/o you. Did you see Aly, Ben and Gina wrote to you? Nothing new is happening here, it's cold and rainy. The pups miss you too!! Gia should be writing to you soon and I told your brother Joey to check out this website to see what your doing. I hope we get to see another video, miss you(only 10 more days) Linda Margolin and Deb Waitt called today to see what you had to say, I told them I was so surprised to here from you I didn't even ask you about the food, or if you've seen any interesting animals. I shared w/them what you told me, please be careful and stay safe. Love you, MOM XOXOXOXO
Hey Adria!
Everyone here in Nashua misses you so much! I saw your video and i left the website on my away message and told everyone to watch you and showed everyone who came to my house the video. You look like your having an amazing time over there and im so proud of you! Allie Vitale and Jess Cot Cot wanted me to tell you that they miss you very much too. Trying to keep myself busy without you is difficult but ive been able to manage. Hope your having a great time and i cant wait to here all your stories. Love Cootsie :)
Hi Steph!
Patti, Jake, and Casey all say hello!! Where's our food?? No one will feed us here----no snacks, no cereal milk, no Mac & Cheese!! Meow! Meow! Meow! Hope you're dancin' up a storm (dust storm that is!!) Hugs and Kisses to you! Have a great weekend---I only have to double on Saturday---am off the rest of the weekend!!!! Bye for now!
Hi! Sandi.....Inquiring minds want to know.....any prospects yet?? Are the girls searching for you???
We want you back here so don't get too serious in the search! HaHa!
Steph-L,
I miss you so much! I can't wait till you come home, Manch-vegas just isn't the same without you. Hope your having fun. Stay safe. Love you.
Love, Boo Riley.
"From a distance" sure looks more like "Dust in the wind". "Promise of a new day" must have created a dust bowl! Guess the ides of being "flexible" continues to be key. Keep your hearts and minds open to all that you are experiencing...journal, journal, journal...that way your can recapture a moment or recall a feeling when your memory fails you. Enjoy the scenery in your travels to Rehoboth, dance hard. I'm guessing we might not have postings as you travel. I'll miss the daily news but that is not your purpose and quite understandable.
Love to you both Diandre and Adria.
Prayers for all….you are always on my mind.
Hey Jaimie,
Can't wait til u get home it looks like u r havin more fun each and every day i haop u r safe and memba 143 U r comin home in less than 7 days!! I can't wait to c u. u need to tell me bout everythin that u did. it looks liek u r meetin a lot of kids and r dancin in front of skools.
Lov ya,Allie
P.S.can't wait till u get home!143
Post a Comment
<< Home